martedì 18 maggio 2010

IL CURRICULUM VITAE (concetti teorici) & LETTER OF APPLICATION

di Cuman Manuela

what is a CV? a curriculum vitae or résumé is a documentary record of your education, qualifications and employment history.
when applying for any kind of job you are trying to sell your skills to the employer. the CV is therefore not just a documentary record of your
career to date but also a change to sell yourself.
your CV is your chance and should be as good as you can make it.
how do I write a CV? first think about what makes you a good bet as an employee and what the employer wants. Take a few minutes to plan what you want to write before typing it up.
What writing style should I use?
write in the first person. Stick to the point. an employer wants to identify your key skills and experiences by glancing at your CV.
What to include? a European curriculum vitae has been developed which gives a comprehensive standardized overview of
educational attainments and work experience. the following information should be included.



LETTER OF APPLICATION: when applying for a job, you must include a letter of application with your CV. The purpose of this letter is to:
- make sure the CV arrives on the desk of the appropriate person
- persuade( convincere) the person to read your curriculum
- state the job you are interested in and explain why you want that particular job with that particular company.
The letter is your first introduction, so you should take care that it is planned and presented logically and creates a good impression.

Example of letter:
Via tolstoi 64
20146 milano Applicant’s address
May 5th 2007 Date
The personnel director
SUNTOURS LTD
PO box 795
London NW3 5HD
Inside address
Dear sir/madam Opening salutation
I am writing to apply for the position of tour organiser, which was advertised in La Repubblica on May 3. Source
As you can see from the enclosed CV, I left school five years ago with a diploma from the Istituto Professionale “v.Alfieri” Monza. Qualifications
My first position with central computer srl enabled me to gain invaluable experience in the use of modern office equipment. Previous employment
I have been with my present company, Terrenti & figli, seregno, for 3 years now. In that I have had a lot of experience in dealing with people as well as perfection my secretarial skills. Besides the standard secretarial duties, my work also involves organizing business travel and conferences both in Italy and overseas.
Details of current employment
The main reason I am looking for another position is that I fell the need for a new challenge in my career. Future expectations
As I have to deal increasingly with overseas clients, I have been attending evening classes for the last 2 years in order to improve my English. In addition to this, I can also speak French as I studied it for 3 years at school and have visited France on many occasions.
Relevant skills
With my CV, please find enclosed copies of references from previous employers and my report from the Britannia Language Academy. References to enclousure
I am confident that I have the necessary qualifications and experience for this post and would welcome the opportunity to attend an interview. Request of interview
Yours faithfully Closing salutation
Nadia Cerosa Signature

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento